The Java Spring Boot is a powerful backend framework that is largely used in web enterprise developments.
In this project tutorial, How to Create a Currency Converter in HTML5 and Spring Boot, you’ll learn how to use the said technologies to build a complete web application for carrying out currency conversions.
This project is taught by two experienced Java programmers: Ricardo Neves and Mario Carvalho. Therefore, the pair programming will allow you to make the most of the tutorial and increase the level of interaction with the tutors.
If you experience a problem with your code, you’ll have other two heads assisting you to crack the hitch.
Here is the schedule for this currency converter tutorial:
- Starting Date: Tuesday, September 11th 2018.
- Streaming Schedule: Weekly, at 4 p.m. EDT (9 p.m. GTM+1) every Tuesday
What is the project about?
As earlier mentioned, this project is about creating a currency converter application using Spring Boot and HTML5. It will be separated into two parts: frontend development and backend development.
For whom is the project aimed at?
This projected is targeted at the following:
- Learners who want to know how to develop complete web applications from scratch
- Learners who want to know how the versatile Spring Boot framework works
- Viewers who have a desire to know how modern web applications work
Are there any prerequisites before enrolling in this project?
To ensure you grasp the concepts in this tutorial faster, you should have some basic skills in the following technologies:
- Java programming
What will you be able to do after finishing this project?
After completing this project, you’ll gain the essential skills required to build a modern web application from scratch—both frontend and backend.
Particularly, you’ll learn how to integrate the Spring Boot framework in your applications. Ultimately, you can use the acquired skills to build an advanced currency converter application or create an entirely new application with more robust features—it all depends on what you want to achieve.
Session 1: Setting-up the Environment
- Brief description of the software to install
- Introduction to MVC pattern and Restful API design
- Introduction to Spring Boot
- Setting up the project skeleton
Session 2: Initiating Communication with a Third-Party API
- Implementing a periodic task to get currency rates
- Introducing Spring CrudRepository and Redis
- Storing the currency rates on Redis
Session 3: Designing the Endpoints
- Designing the controllers, services and repositories
- Wrapping up the web service
Session 4: Unit Testing
- Basics of unit testing
- Introducing Mockito
- Implementing unit tests
Session 5: Simple Frontend Design
- Designing a simple HTML skeleton
Session 6: Implementing Frontend Communication with Backend
- Calling the HTTP server endpoints
This project tutorial is useful in learning how to use the Java Spring Boot framework together with other technologies in creating a modern currency converter application.
This is the practical tutorial you require to gain both frontend and backend development skills and take your career to the next level.
So, what are you still waiting for?
Register for the LiveEdu Pro subscription account and begin learning from this Spring Boot web application example.
Once you’ve subscribed to the Pro account, you’ll also enjoy unlimited access to other wonderful hands-on tutorials.
Here is the link to the Spring Boot tutorial.
See you inside!