Hey livecoders we are happy to announce the release of the Livecoding.tv v2.3 which comes with the following changes:
- Livecoding.tv API v1: Currently access to the API is read only and in close beta. So if you want access to the API, contact us describing what you will use it for.
- iFrame stream embedding: Use it to embed any livestream you see on Livecoding.tv on your personal blog or website? You do NOT have to be the channel owner to embed the channel. To embed a livestream, open your channel dashboard settings
Then go to the channel settings tab
Copy the code from the video embed box and embed in your HTML code.
- Livecoding.tv has come a long way since the first launch on Feb 23, 2015. Now is time to move away from the generic coding categories to more targeted options. This new release supports over 100 new Livecoding.tv Coding categories:
You can simply add it by editing your own channel and using the the auto complete form.
And select the coding category you want.
- Linkedin stream announcement: Streams can now be announced automatically in your linked Linkedin profile. To link your channel go to your channel settings then the notification tab
Always remember to tick the box to allow streams to be announced automatically on Linkedin
- Custom stream announcement: You can also customize your stream post in the channel notification settings tab.
- Facebook stream announcement (pending approval): We also plan to release the facebook stream announcement feature but we are waiting for approval.
- QQ.com social login (pending approval): Soon streamers would be able to create a new account or login using qq.com once we get approval.