Do you want to know how to begin making a great game from scratch? This project, Best Practices in Creating Game Prototypes in 3 Hours or Less, covers just that: you’ll learn all the steps required to make a playable prototype—quickly and efficiently.
Building prototypes is an essential early stage in successful game development. It allows you to explore ideas for game development before engrossing yourself in full production.
RamonDev, who has more than four years of game development experience, teaches this project.
Here is the schedule for this game prototype development project:
- Starting Date: Monday, August 20th 2018
- Streaming Schedule: Daily, from 2PM PST to 5PM PST until the project is completed
What is the project about?
As the name suggests, this project will teach you all the ins and outs of creating amazing prototypes for your next game development idea.
Although the examples will be in Unity, this project will equip you with the essential skills you need to build prototypes on any platform.
You’ll learn game theories, game design concepts, coding prototypes, and other important stuff—all under three hours or less.
For who is the project aimed at?
Do you want to learn how to build astonishing games from scratch? Are you interested in venturing into the exciting world of game development and pursue a career? Or, do you have a desire to learn new things?
Then, this is the project you need to take your game development skills to the next level.
Are there any prerequisites before enrolling in this project?
Here are some prerequisites that will accelerate your learning in this project:
- Unity 2018.2.2f1 installed on your machine
- Passion in game development
- Some creative ideas you want to make real
- Basic or intermediate coding skills
What will you be able to do after finishing this project?
After completing this project, you’ll learn how to build a functioning prototype in Unity and add other playable experiences.
You’ll learn how to evaluate your game development idea and transform it into a quick and efficient proof of concept.
By the end of the project, you’ll get sufficient concept tips along with wonderful examples you can incorporate in your prototypes built on any gaming platform.
Session 1: Starting definitions and downloading Unity
- Session 1.1: Useful initial definitions
- Session 1.2: Setting up Unity for our test prototypes
Session 2: Thought process and Classic game examples
In this session, we’ll talk about how to have a proper mindset for building a 3-hour prototype.
- Session 2.1: Random game ideas and how to simplify them
- Session 2.2: Classic game examples
Session 3: Designing a Prototype
We’ll build a demo prototype and then go through the steps for designing it.
- Session 3.1: Mechanics and designs of prototypes
- Session 3.2: The mental steps for building prototypes
Session 4: Coding a prototype in Unity
Here is where we’ll get hands-on with a fast prototype!
- Session 4.1: Programming the prototype (Part 1)
- Session 4.2: Programming the prototype (Part 2)
- Session 4.3: Finalizing and testing the prototype
Session 5: Questions and Answers and Conclusions
- Answering any questions you may have
This project tutorial is useful in learning how to create wonderful gaming prototypes in 3 hours or less.
This is the practical tutorial you require to master how to build a polished prototype fast before rolling it out into a full game.
So, what are you still waiting for?
Register for the LiveEdu Pro subscription account and begin learning how to build game prototypes.
Subscription starts at only $9.99/month and will grant you unlimited access to other marvelous hands-on projects, as well.
Here is the link to the prototyping game tutorial.
See you inside!