Have you ever thought of creating a music player? Yes, a software that can play audio files?
Whether you answered “yes” or “no,” this is a wonderful opportunity to learn how to create an audio player with your unique tweaks and extras instead of relying on the traditional ones available out there.
Furthermore, in this project tutorial, taught by Igor Kuzmenko (“Kuzzmi”), who has more than eight years of web development experience, you’ll gain essential front-end development skills that will assist in taking your career to the next level.
Here is the schedule for the How to Create Audio Player with React.JS in Electron.JS project:
- Starting Date: from Monday, 30th July 2018.
What is the project about?
This project is about creating a desktop-based audio player using React.js and Electron.js. Throughout the entire series, the project creator will take you through all the steps of creating a powerful music player, without missing any important details.
You’ll learn how to build an audio player from scratch and include your own unique features before throwing it into the wild.
For who is the project aimed at?
Do you want to create a versatile music player from scratch? Do you want to understand the ins and outs of using Electron.js to create amazing products, from end-to-end?
Are you interested in learning new stuff and escalating your skills?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, then you’re in the right place: this project is for you!
Are there any prerequisites before enrolling in this project?
Your learning will be much faster and efficient if you have the following prerequisite skills:
- Basic Node.js knowledge
- Basic React.js knowledge (you can learn about it here: How to create TodoApp in React.js)
- Knowledge in creating layouts in HTML/CSS
What will you be able to do after finishing this project?
After completing this project, you’ll acquire essential skills for building an audio player using React.js and Electron.js, from start to finish.
Here are some things you’ll be able to do:
- Create React components
- Interact with filesystem from React
- Work with HTML5 Audio API
- Extract ID3 metadata from MP3 files
- Add interesting features such as “play random” or “repeat one”
The skills you’ll acquire from this project will assist you to extrapolate the features of the music player before throwing it into the wild.
On the other hand, you can build another robust audio player altogether—it all relies on your capability to outdo yourself.
Session 1 – Setting up the environment
- Installing Node.js
- Installing Electron.js
- Installing libraries and tools such as Webpack and Babel
Session 2 – Playing the first song
- Building a basic UI using Semantic UI
- Loading and playing an audio track using HTML5 Audio API
Session 3 – Working with ID3 tags
- Exploring how to communicate with Electron
- Extracting metadata from MP3 files
- Working with multiple files
Session 4 – Playlist
- Exploring dialog submodule from Electron to add files
- Adding playlist viewer
- Including feature to add files
Session 5 – Bonus features
- Adding other interesting features such as “Random play,” “Repeat tracks,” and “Save and load a playlist.”
So, what are you still waiting for?
Register for the LiveEdu Pro subscription account and begin creating the audio player.
Subscription starts at only $9.99/month and will allow you to access other amazing Premium Projects, as well.
Here is the link to the project.
See you inside!